Sorry for the blog-hiatus, folks, but I had exams and we have entertained a slew of guests in the last few weeks. To celebrate the end of the semester and the arrival of our dear friends, the Hills, we headed south to Israel's southern-most point of Eilat. This is Israel's link to the Red Sea, and it is home to a nice Underwater observatory and dolphin reef. It's also where we kick off the adventure into Jordan to see Petra and Wadi Rum, but that's a post for another day.
For now, we'll let the pictures do the talking...
(unfortunately, Elizabeth came down with a virus the morning of our trip, and spent most of her day sleeping in the van, hence her absence in the photos. We didn't forget her.)
View of Aqaba above, Jordan's only sea port.
On a clear day, one can see Jordan, Saudi, and Egypt from Eilat.
There's no shortage of life in the waters around Eilat:



Aquarium Sea-Turtles
& wild Sea-Turtles.
Scuba divers...
& FREE shark-rides!
Lydia checks out the dolphins up-close & personal.
Israel's Dolphin Reef is a unique set-up. They are wild dolphins with no cages keeping them inside. They come & go as they please..... But since they are fed 3 meals a day & don't have to perform for fish, this dolphin family has been hanging around there for years. Pretty good gig. It's fascinating to see them in the wild and swimming all around you. Dallas & Kelly witnessed one dolphin soar through the air higher than they ever imagined possible 3 times in a row. I managed to get this shot. Not quite as impressive.
Good times had by all. Stand by for more blogs on our little Jordanian adventure to Petra and Wadi Rum...Shalom Y'all! -Stew
I love that last pic of Lydia! Looks like you guys had a blast. You (almost) motivate me to start blogging again!
ReplyDeleteTake care, Welches!
Brian
Wow, that looks like the perfect place to take kids (and dads who are kids)! So many cool places where you guys are! Hope Elizabeth is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteStewart, I know for a FACT that I look a LOT better in that exact same shot in a different pic. Thanks for choosing the one you did. Remind me to slap you silly next time I see ya! !)
ReplyDelete