Home

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Anniversary

OK folks, today is our 12th wedding anniversary.




I'd like to tell a little story to mark the occasion. When I first hatched the crazy idea to apply for the Olmsted Scholar Program back in 09, Elizabeth was not all that enthralled with the notion. In fact, she was downright opposed. Apparentlycavorting around who-knows-where with 2 small children was not her idea of a good time, and going into the Olmsted Program, no one knows where they well be selected to study. However, (and this is to her infinite credit), after months of discussion and prayer, she finally warmed up to the idea. I suspect this happened because she saw how much my heart was set on this adventure, and she really knows how to listen. So we rolled the dice, and the rest is history.



So now here we are, living in Tel Aviv.  
Crazy, right? 
Honestly, I don't know how she could have said 'I love you' more clearly than that...






In the military, you never know where you'll wind up living or working. Life is just full of surprises. All I know is that wherever we are, as long as Elizabeth is there, it's home. So here's to my love, my lady, my favorite date, my bride, my baby-mama, my best friend, and jewel of my heart.

 I look forward to every minute of the next 12 years with her, and then some...

Shalom Ya'll, Stew



PS-For those of you wondering, yes--we met in high school.
And yes, that first one was indeed a prom picture (from 1994--yikes!)

4 comments:

  1. As I have said many times, if I had designed a wife for you Stewart, I couldn't have come up with anyone as good as Elizabeth. The richness and fullness of your lives is a joy. And you are both wonderful parents. You make me really proud. I love you both and especially love you together. Mom/Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful couple and that post was just...well, mushy and awesome! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stew. After reading that I think I want to marry you. Happy anniversary, Welches!

    ReplyDelete